Hair loss can be a very depressing thing. Sometimes, hair loss is caused by less than ideal situations such as stress or illness; thinning hair just makes it that much worse to deal with. It’s like, on top of everything that could be going wrong, why does hair loss have to be a part of it? Unfortunately, however, it is, as much as we don’t like it. But you don’t have to just deal with it. The great thing is, with the technology available to us nowadays, we can really do, have and be anything we want! Let’s look at a few ways that you can get your hair back to its former glory.
Scalp micropigmentation is done by medical tattoos. It is non surgical and natural pigments are used and applied on to the scalp in order to make an exact imitation of the real hair. Scalp micropigmentation is usually done in a few steps.
- First, you can go online and use a website to create a virtual idea of what you are after.
- After that, you will want to sit down to a free consultation with your artist.
- In the first session, it takes about three or four hours to create the hairline and apply the first fill.
- The second session will take anywhere from two to four hours to overlap the fill and then add texture to give the appearance of real hair.
- At times a third session is needed in order to complete the process to be exactly how you imagined.
- After this you are finished! At this point you will be responsible for your own after care, which your artist would explain to you.
Generally speaking there is about a week needed between sessions.
Getting a hair transplant is another option although this is a much more involved process. This is surgical and involves spacing a small strip of healthy scalp that has hair and using it to fill in areas where the hair is thin or not there.
There are shampoos and treatments that are formulated with hair stimulated chemicals that can often kick start hair growth. These are generally used once the illness has been overcome or the scalp is on the mend.
Here you have just three options that hopefully will help you see that hair loss does not have to be the end of the story for you. You are not stuck with wigs and hair pieces, there are permanent solutions to thinning or losing hair.