How To Find The Skin Care Products That Are Perfect For You
For many, the key to confidence is glowing skin. Unfortunately, very few of us are born without some sort of skin issue — whether it be persistent acne, high sun sensitivity, premature wrinkling or age spot, dryness or even chronic skin conditions, like eczema. With a strict skin care routine and quality professional skin care products, many of these problems can be made less severe or avoided altogether. Of course, with the market heavily saturated with all sorts of different products, it is hard to know which to choose. The most important thing to keep in mind when looking for professional skin care products is what yourskin is like and what it needs.
Here are three things to keep in mind about your particular skin type as you check out the myriad of product options.
The Case for Involving a Doctor in Your Weight Loss Plan
It’s after the holidays, which means you’re currently being bombarded with commercial after commercial about weight loss and exercise. If you feel a twinge of guilt or anxiety when these come on, then you’re not alone. Approximately one third of the U.S. population is considered overweight, and another third is full on obese. That means that a large majority of the population has a weight issue!
These commercials are extremely discouraging if you are obese, because you probably know that trying to lose weight on your own in this case can be dangerous. Below are a few instances where you may want to consider medically supervised weight loss instead of the Pla Continue Reading
Live Healthy Without the Usual Healthcare Headaches — Urgent Care and Its Benefits
Being sick is a time none of us wants to remember. Health concerns and diseases need prompt medical attention, and for many, a trip to the nearest ER is what does the trick. Seeing a doctor is something that all of us have to do from time to time, and finding good quality care in little time while remaining within budget is a proposition that can be difficult to achieve at times. If you are in pursuit of high quality medical care which is affordable and does not eat into your schedule, a trip to a local urgent care center might be in order.
Most of us contemplate visiting a doctor in case of regular health concerns like cold, fever or infection, or in the event of personal injury arising out of trips, falls or accidents Continue Reading
9 Great Acupuncture Benefits
More and more people are turning to acupuncture for a variety of medical conditions. The National Health Interview Survey released a report recently showing that at least 14 million Americans have tried acupuncture. Nearly 30 studies have shown it is effective at reducing pain by around 50%. It has been endorsed by the World Health Organization as being an effective treatment for at least two dozen medical problems. Acupuncture benefits can be felt by most people who try this.
There are many acupuncture benefits, here are a few:
- It can help back pain. Back pain is a common but debilitating problem that affects millions of Americans. As many as 80% of people in the United States suffer from chronic pain in their back on a regular basis. Some studies link back pain to problems at work and conflicts with direct supervisors. When people who suffer from back pain are treated twice a week for five weeks, they report getting relief from the pain that lasts up to six months. Other acupuncture benefits from this? No one has ever reported sleep walking during a treatment session, unlike after they take Ambien.
- They help migraine sufferers. When coupled with an electric current, this is called electroacupuncture, the number of monthly migraines is greatly reduced. People studied underwent 20 sessions within four weeks. This is a more natural way to relieve pain.
- They can help alleviate depression. Results from acupuncture treatment are similar to therapy sessions involving counseling. People who have acupuncture sessions on a regular basis report feeling better than they had before after three months of treatment. This could because of the release of positive neurotransmitters in the brain. These treatments are also great for stress which leads to lower blood pressure and decreased incidents of heart disease.
- It can treat insomnia. Tens of millions of Americans do not get the recommended seven hours of sleep a night. This leads to a host of problems. One of the best acupuncture benefits is that it helps people relax and fall asleep naturally. This indirectly helps prevent heart disease, diabetes and come kinds of cancers as all of these are more prevalent in people who suffer from chronic insomnia.
- It can help people lose weight. One of the more popular acupuncture benefits is weight loss. People treated with acupuncture lost about nine pounds in two weeks. They continued to lose weight over four months. Again, an indirect benefit is the reduction of other illnesses that are caused by obesity. Some think this may be more effective for weight loss than diet and exercise.
- It is great for acid reflux. Acupuncture treatment does a better job of treating acid reflux and heartburn than many antacids or proton pump inhibitors. It is said some of the acupuncture benefits are that it speeds the digestive process while reducing acid production. This is another way it helps with insomnia as stomach problems are common reasons people cannot sleep well.
- It helps with allergies. In 12 acupuncture sessions, people reported fewer symptoms and a less reliance on antihistamines in allergy sufferers.
- It helps women deal with menopause. When they receive regular treatments, some women notice a reduction of hot flashes intensity and frequency. The acupuncture benefits last for at least three months after treatment ends.
- Nausea can be treated with this. There are points on the body that when pressed or punctured will alleviate the feeling of being nauseated. This happens almost immediately.
Acupuncture is a 3,000 year old healing practice and a part of traditional Chinese medicine. The basic theory is that the body is made up of more than 2,000 energy points that connect with 20 meridians, or energy pathways. Sessions include putting small needed in these meridians to change or open the way energy is able to flow through the body. Medical problems are thought to be caused by blockages which are removed or corrected by the needles, which remain in place for between 15 and 30 minutes. For people who are afraid of needles, acupressure uses small beads that are taped to some of the same areas for the same conditions.
As more westerners are turning to acupuncture, more health insurance is covering it so check with your carrier to see if you can benefit from this.
8 Tios to Get Healthy
Heart disease is a leading killer of Americans today. At least 735,000 adults have a heart attack every year. This translates into a heart attack every 43 seconds. High risk factors for heart disease are high blood pressure, high LDL cholesterol and smoking. Approximately half of all Americans have at least one of these. There are ways to protect yourself from heart disease. Experts at many healthcare services agencies recommend the following tips.
Tips to Prevent Heart Disease:
Exercise more. Most people do not work out enough. It is estimated that at least seven out of ten adults do not get enough exercise. Inactivity is a leading cause of death worldwide. Healthcare services experts recommend people get at least 30 minutes of moderate or high intensity exercise every day to ward off Continue Reading
An Ear Nose and Throat Doctor Can Help With More Than Ear Infections
Most parents have whisked an infant or toddler to the pediatrician at least once seeking treatment for an ear infection. In fact, 90% of children will have one before age 2. For 30% of those, the ear infections are recurring and many parents find themselves at an ear nose and throat doctor seeking relief for their little one. Although an ear infection is easily treated with antibiotics, it can pose a serious threat to a child’s middle ear. Certainly no parent wants to risk hearing loss. Chronic ear problems are sometimes solved with surgery that involves placing tubes in the ear to keep the pressure equalized and to ventilate behind the eardrum.
My Kid Snores
You’re not i Continue Reading
The Three Medical Options Available for Your Health
Sometimes it feels like the world around us is changing so fast and in so many ways that it is difficult to know why these changes are happening. The American medical system has seen significant changes over the past decade with the introduction of new legislation such as the Affordable Care Act. Here are three ways that Americans can continue to receive the high-quality care of medical professionals in this day and age.
Mixing professionalism with personal-level care, a primary care physician gets to know their patients on an individual level. This is a dynamic relationship based on trust; trust that the doctor has the patient’s best interests in mind and trust that the patient will follow the doctor’s orders in order to get better. Unfortunately, this rel Continue Reading
Answers for Hair Loss
Hair loss can be a very depressing thing. Sometimes, hair loss is caused by less than ideal situations such as stress or illness; thinning hair just makes it that much worse to deal with. It’s like, on top of everything that could be going wrong, why does hair loss have to be a part of it? Unfortunately, however, it is, as much as we don’t like it. But you don’t have to just deal with it. The great thing is, with the technology available to us nowadays, we can really do, have and be anything we want! Let’s look at a few ways that you can get your hair back to its former glory.
Renew Your Skin With Microdermabrasion or Chemical Peels!
Winter can be tough on skin — it gets dry, chapped, and tough. Sometimes not even the best lotions or creams can help, especially on areas of your body that tend to get calloused and rough, like heels and elbows. Your skin needs attention all the time though, not just in the winter! For those who pay close attention to their skin and skin health, microdermabrasion is a procedure many people choose to have done, to exfoliate. It’s a common treatment at spas. If you have laser hair removal procedures, or indulge in a chemical peel, a microdermabrasion can sometimes help smooth out skin and rejuvenate it.
What Are Some of the Popular Skin Treatments?
Our skin is the first line of defense from the sun, bacteria, and other harmful things in our atmosphere. So it’s important that we take Continue Reading
What Is the Future of Telemedicine?
Today is a perfect example of the benefits and future of telemedicine. You woke up to the wind knocking over the furniture on your deck. While you slept, the temperatures plummeted to five degrees, with a windchill factor of 20 below. After a week of rain, sleet, snow intermittingly making everything a complete slushy mess, the falling temperatures have made the sidewalks and streets a skating rink. You woke up relieved that you would not need to drive the 20 miles to town for the doctor’s appointment.
Instead, you have a scheduled phone call and video conference. You will use the special phone attachment so they can check you readings on your pacemaker and you are done until the next month. What a relieve to know that your nex Continue Reading