While no one likes to think about getting sick or needing to see the doctor, the truth is sometimes things happen and it’s just unavoidable. If you end up feeling sick, or get injured, and you’re not sure where to go, consider visiting your local urgent care clinic. Urgent care clinics are found in most cities around the country. Urgent care might not be the first place you think of, but it’s actually a place that offers a variety of important medical services. This article will take a look at some of the important medical services that urgent care can provide.
- Provide Testing for STDs and HIV: One important service that urgent care provides is testing for STDs and HIV. Considering that both STDs and especially HIV have severe health consequences, it’s important to be tested as soon as possible if you even suspect that you’ve been infected. Urgent care can provide these tests and let you know as soon as possible if you’ve been infected and, depending on what was contracted, begin to work on a treatment plan.
- Provide Annual Flu Shots: Another service that urgent care provides are annual flu shots. No matter how old you are, it’s always important to get a flu shot before flu season begins, and urgent care makes those shots readily available each year.
- Treat Sports Injuries: Another very important service that urgent care provides is treatment for sports injuries. Urgent care can look at a wide range of injuries incurred while playing sports, from shin splints, to sprained ankles, or pulled muscles, just to name a few examples. If you’ve injured yourself playing sports, you can visit the local urgent care and be seen for your injuries.
- Perform X-Rays: A fourth service that urgent care can provide are vital x-rays, which might be needed if you’ve had an accident and injured yourself. X-rays can be used to detect fractures or breaks in the bone and really comes in handy if you’ve fallen or injured yourself and you suspect a bone is broken.
- Treat Cold and Flu Symptoms: A fifth service that urgent care can provide is the treatment of cold and flu symptoms. Cold symptoms in particular might not seem like a very big deal, but it can quickly develop into something worse like bronchitis or pneumonia if not looked at and treated quickly.
In conclusion, there are many important services that an urgent care can provide. These include but are not limited to: providing testing for STDs and HIV, providing flu shots, treating sports injuries, x-rays, and treating cold and flu symptoms. These are all valuable services that urgent care can provide for you.