You would be hard-pressed to find adults who do not have fond memories of playing at the local playground with their friends and family. For many kids, this experience was at an outdoor playground but there are also a lot who live in climates where that is not a great idea. In other instances, getting the right commercial indoor playground equipment to create a great space for kids to play makes more sense than putting it all outside. Whatever the reason, there is more to creating a nice, safe space than going to the internet to look for indoor play structures for sale. Here are some things to consider:
- Keep safety at the top of your list. One thing that is true of all playgrounds, inside and outside, is the need to make the play safe. There are a lot of options, such as indoor soft play equipment or mats to make the floor or ground easier to fall on. Depending on where you are planning to put your indoor playground, there are different regulations. Make the time to find out what the safety requirements are for your town or city. There is a reason these rules are there. Your local government officials can also point you in the right direction to get the items you need to make the space as safe as possible. Fun and safety go hand in hand when it comes to playground.
- Look at your budget. Not all playgrounds, indoor and outside, cost the same amount of money. This may go without saying but before starting on any big project, it is important to have worked out how much you want to spend on it. This will save time and money in the long run.
- Know who your audience is and what they want. Before you buy a bunch of commercial indoor playground equipment, you need to know what the kids who will use it want and what features are important to their parents. Think about the people who will be using this facility. If you are looking to put in a commercial indoor jungle gym that will cater to a neighborhood or school, you may need different stuff than if you are looking at commercial indoor playground equipment that will be used in a daycare center. Think about how old the children will be who use the facility.
- Get to know your space. Before you even consider looking at commercial indoor playground equipment that you will use, you need to know the ins and outs of the space you have available for your indoor playground. Of course, this starts with knowing the square footage you will have as well as the dimensions. You need to get in there, or hire someone you trust to do this, and measure the space as not all are created equal. This includes looking at the height of the ceiling. You need to make note of:
- Location and sizes of any doors.
- Location and size of the fire exits.
- What kind of power options you have in the space.
- What the lighting is in there and what you will need.
- Access to for disabled kids and disabled adults.
- If you have space you have to use for your indoor playground, you may have some limitations on what you can build and what you can do. If you are building your own space, you have a lot more freedom to get the commercial indoor playground equipment you really want. You may want to bring along an expert if you are buying a building to make sure it will meet the needs of your indoor playground design. Remember to think about what kinds of events you may have in the space. If it will be used for parties and the like, you may need to put in or expand the kitchen facilities. You may also want to include an area for parents and family to hang out and socialize. An area with comfortable seating can go a long way to help adults enjoy the area as much as the kids.
Take your time, do your research, consult the right experts, and you will be able to create a fun, safe place for kids to play.