Skin problems form a major part of health issues currently experienced by people all over the world. They come in various forms and range from mild, easily treatable problems like acne to serious conditions like melanoma. Acne is the most common skin condition, currently affecting almost 50 million people in America. It is believed that 85% of all people contract acne some time in their life. Similarly, more than seven million Americans have psoriasis and every one in five is expected to develop some form of skin cancer. Scabies is a particularly irritating condition to which everyone is susceptible. You need to be particularly careful and ensure that you are not vulnerable if you want effective prevention of scabies.
All About Scabies
Scabies is an extremely irritating, contagious skin infection which stems from an allergic reaction to a particular kind of mite. The mite, Sarcoptes scabei, enters the skin, causing a severe allergic reaction which results in acute itching, red spots and discomfort. The condition can easily be transferred from person to person through contact, sharing clothes or linen and by accident.
Prevention of Scabies
Here are a few things you can do to bring about effective prevention for scabies-
- Avoid direct physical contact with anyone who you know to be infected.
- Avoid coming into contact with clothing or linen which has been used by an infected person.
- If someone in your family has been infected with scabies, get them treated immediately.
- Wash all clothing and bedding of infected persons with strong antiseptics using hot water.
- Clean and vacuum furniture and floors
If you think that you may be infected, or want to know how else to protect yourself in the event of an outbreak, visit your dermatologist today. Dermatology specialists will know the best skin care options for you. You can never be too careful. Helpful links.