This has been a great trip. Although you traveled more than 1,500 miles over this five day weekend, the whole time was exciting and free of any problems. No health problems that required any emergency care, no car problems that required any expense repairs. All in all, a very excellent trip to visit your daughter for her college’s Homecoming weekend.
Once you returned home, however, things took a turn for the worse.
Within a few hours of being back home the Service Engine Soon Light came on and the car and your 12 year old son fell and got hurt in a backyard game of football with the neighborhood boys. Fortunately, you knew where the closest walk in urgent care centers were, though, now that you were at home. If this had happened a day before while you were out of town it might have taken awhile to find the best treatment location. The fact that you know that the local walk in clinic has x-ray services makes going to this location an easy decision.
Knowing Where to Go for Your Health Care Needs Is an Important Decision
Whether you are looking for a place for x-rays after a football game in the back yard or you are looking for a convenient and affordable place to get your yearly flu vaccine, a walk in clinic is often the perfect solution. Consider some of these facts facts and figures about the walk in health clinic platform and the many services that they offer:
- An average of 5% tp 20% of Americans come down with the flu each year. As a preventative measure, an increasing number of Americans visit a health clinic to get the flu vaccine.
- Reports estimate that 25,000 Americans suffer an ankle sprain each day. In many situations, however, it is difficult to distinguish between a sprain and a small break. Fortunately, 80% of urgent care centers provide fracture care.
- 85% of urgent care centers are open seven days a week.
- Current statistics show that as many as 20,000 physicians practice Urgent Care Medicine today.
- 3 million patients visit urgent care centers each week, according to statistics from the Urgent Care Association of America.
- Upper respiratory conditions were the most common diagnosis in an urgent care center in the year 2012, and the most common procedure that same year was wound repair.
Finding the health care you need today can be a challenge. From finding a place that accepts your current insurance to making sure that you go to the hospital emergency room when you need to, today’s patients need to be consumers who are aware of all of their options.